Because taking care of the Earth isn't just for hippies!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Rome Sweet Home

Well, after a pleasantly uneventful journey, I arrived safely in Rome yesterday. I began unpacking my things and bought some groceries (at the grocery store across the street from St. Mary Major Basilica!). The story of my life thus far in Rome has been a constant battle to keep things dry! As I was unpacking, I realized that the majority of the clothes on the bottom of my big suitcase were damp and/or had wet spots all over them. Turns out my luggage was sitting in the rain for a little while in London. Then today it's been a pretty constant downpour since around noon, so almost everything in my backpack and the clothes I was wearing were pretty soaked. You know it's raining hard when the rain starts to come straight through a perfectly good umbrella!

The view from my window right now:


On a lighter note, the owners of the apartment I am staying in have a cat and a dog, both of which are very friendly. I also have a roommate who is from Germany and will be staying in Italy for two weeks. This morning the cat came into our bedroom and woke us up, purring and cuddling. :) Here's a picture of her:



Tags: , ,

11 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there stranger! :) i can't see your pictures, even on our new highspeed, BUT its super cool that a) you're alive, 2) you're in Rome and c) you have a kitty!!!

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yea and that was Lina,btw. duh!

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Claire said...

Yeah, I had to get offline before I had a chance to upload the photos - it should be fixed now!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Claire said...

lol, a), then 2), then c) - yay for my English teacher friend! ;)

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man, that cat is so cute!! its leia's italian cousin! :-p what is its name?

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Claire said...

It's name is Nono. :)

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya Babe, glad you made it to Rome safe, moreso than the free internet thing (Claire in one piece=yayness) Street picture looks sweet, hope you're having a blast!!

P.S. Cat is cute too.

Sara

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Sorry, I made a typo...the cat's name is Nino. :)

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Claire!
Glad to hear you are settling in. Enjoy walking Rome. It's the best way to see it. Have a gelato at the Piazza Navona and remember me. Love ya much!

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! ~Sara

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy happy birthday!!!!!!! post soon so we can know how life is! :) happy feast day as well ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home