Because taking care of the Earth isn't just for hippies!

Friday, August 31, 2007

Fun in Idaho!

So, for those who don't know, I'm now living in Idaho teaching at an outdoor science school for the next year. My experience here so far has been wonderful, and the area that I'm living in is absolutely beautiful! Right now, we're still in the training process, and the first group of kids come the week of September 10. I'm so excited to get started, it should be a really fun year.

The part of Idaho that I'm living in is not famous for its potatoes, but for it's skiing, mountain biking, boating and hiking instead. It's in the mountains, right on a lake, and surrounded by coniferous forests of Ponderosa and Lodgepole Pines, Grand and Douglas Firs, Engleman Spruce, and a sprinkling of Aspens. There is about 3 feet of snow on the ground for most of the winter!

Here are some pictures from the backpacking trip I took with the rest of the staff a few weeks ago:




Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful! I am so jealous. Glad you are back to blogging!

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Paulus_exiguus said...

I came across your blog while looking for "nativity wallpapers" in google. I think your page is really great. I particularly liked your motto "Because taking care of the Earth isn't just for hippies". I can see you're a Catholic, as I am. I'd like to share with you my own Catholic blog... but it's only in Spanish (that may be a problem). Anyway, I'd love you to pay me a visit and I'll gladly translate anything you like. Merry Xmas!

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Paulus_exiguus said...

BTW, good luck with your science school and your hiking trips!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

Great stuff! I am from Idaho, but I am stationed in Alaska. I wish I was back home

 
At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey it's goldenchild from PM. thought I'd take you up on your offer and see if there was anyway we might be able to work on something. My email is fryc86@yahoo.com and the site (and page in particular) is www.crownofmartyrs.com/green

The site is a little buggy right now due to the drop-down boxes I am trying to implement. Once I get that worked out it should be pretty easy to work with.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger sathya said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home